We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team, so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
The Director of Architecture is a director level senior role that will champion the technology vision for the organization, including not only near-term platform technologies that enable scalable, high-performance, interoperable and secure SaaS delivery, but also exploration and future incorporation of emerging and innovative computing and analytical technologies and methods.
The Director of Architecture needs to be able to roll up their sleeves and code alongside the developers, but also be comfortable sitting down with the executive leadership team. Fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to play a leading role in helping a fast-growing company transition to the Cloud and scale for the future.
Chief architect for a datacenter-hosted platform reliably delivers ~ 3 billion messages per month peaking at 20,000 TPS to more than 200 countries:
• Mix of Monolith apps and microservices with message data analysis and message flow orchestration.
• JVM applications deployed at scale across a multi-regional data centre configuration.
• Java is the dominating programming language, with Python close behind.
• Use of open-source software e.g. Hadoop, Druid, Netty, ZooKeeper, Kafka, Giraph and more.
Leading the architecture for a new platform supporting elasticity for significant message volume growth with much higher peaks and multiple message channels:
• Moving toward (partly there) cloud-native microservices and API-everything architecture leveraging many AWS (primarily) and some other Cloud services.
• Serverless and multi-cloud are and will be a part of our future platform.
• Micro-front ends web with responsive, mobile first design plus native mobile app development.
• Many modern techniques, including Agile/Scrum and User-centered Design, CI/CD and DevSecOps practices.
• 15+ years of progressive technical leadership in evolving successful complex organizations.
• Technical architectural leadership applied to large-scale, complex transitions involving: Big data, security, privacy, ML, AI.
• Web-based legacy modernization to cloud-native and modern architectures and practices.
• Proven experience with large software product development projects and globally distributed teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Have an ability to drive vision and purpose: Paint a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
• Have a strategic mindset: See ahead to future possibilities and translate them into breakthrough strategies.
• Have the skill to drive engagement: Create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
• Ability to travel globally up to 25%.
• Global responsibility for other software architects globally distributed across our strategic engineering locations of London, Seattle and Guadalajara.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.